How do I get a PIN?
Your library PIN lets you renew your own library books, update your membership, view your reading history, rate books you have read, and request titles you would like to read. Your PIN can be any combination of non-sequential numbers and/or letters.
Never had a PIN?
Set one up yourself by accessing the MyInfo
page via our Catalogue. Enter your library card barcode leaving the PIN box empty. You will be prompted to choose and confirm a new PIN.
Forgotten your PIN?
- we will clear your old PIN so you can re-enter a new one.
Change your PIN?
Enter your library barcode and PIN details via the MyInfo
page. Select "Change Your PIN" option.
Logging into your Personal Account
There are many Internet browsers being used now and we are aware that My Info may display incorrectly due to your computer's browser, firewall or security setup.
If you are having problems staying logged into My Info, please try the following:
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet, click on Tools > Internet Options > General tab
2. In the Temporary Internet Files box, click both "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Files"
3. Restart your browser and log back into the library website.
1. On the top menu bar click Tools > Options
2. To the right of 'Cookies' press 'Clear'
3. To the right of 'Cache' press 'Clear'
4. Restart your browser and log back into the library website
You may also need to allow your browser to accept cookies. To enable cookies will depend on the browser type and version you are currently running. Please try pressing F1 on your keyboard for help and search for the key word Cookie. This should explain how to enable cookies, or how to enable cookies for certain websites only.
If you are still experiencing problems you may want to contact your computer manufacturer who may be able to recommend your next steps.